Friday 19 August 2016

Vintage Parisian Wall Hangings by DT Member Kim

 
 
Good morning friends, Kim here today to share with you my latest project for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Facebook. This time I have made a couple of wall hangings inspired by Paris!
 
 
I used 4 x 5 inch canvas boards for this project. I started off with some script paper from my stash as a back ground and then got out some of the Paris Napkins from SCB, which you can see below.
 
 
 
I fussy cut out the Eiffel Tower, and the post mark and some script from these two napkins and adhered them on top of the script paper. After that, I applied some sprays and also some crackle medium to make the whole piece look aged and very vintage. I kept layering on sprays to get inside the cracks until I was happy with the result.  I also used some gelatos to give highlights to the Eiffel Tower and some colour to the background.
 
 
After the base was dry, I decided to try my hand at making some roses out of texture paste. It was a lot easier than I thought, just taking a palette knife and making some swirls. I used more of the same sprays to get some colour on the roses, and as a final touch, added some micro beads for further texture.
 
 
 
I wanted to have a nice focal point at the top of the piece, so I used some of the IOD moulds from Prima and some air dry clay to make the top pieces. Once dry, I used some of the Art Alchemy paints to give them some colour and I then added a beautiful cameo from Shabby is Chic Boutique Store to the top.
 
 

 
 Finally, I added some of the gorgeous aqua tulle trim from SCB to the bottom of the wall hangings and some jute twine to the top so I could hang them up on my wall.
 
 
 
 I hope you have found some inspiration from my projects today, and will give something like this a try, it was so much fun to create!
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and please check out the Shabby is Chic Boutique Store on Facebook!
Kim :)
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment