Friday 12 August 2016

Altered Cigar Box by DT Member Jeanne

Hi crafty friends! Jeanne here to share with you this adorable cigar box I  created for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Facebook.
I altered this box to put some of my laces that I like to hoard!
 
  I began with white gesso all along the outer edges of the box and the entire inside. Then I painted to inside with "Craft Smart Light Pink Paint" which I let it dry and then chose the papers I wanted to use for this box.
 
 I used paper from the Recollections 12 x 12 "Budapest" collection. I really liked the pink/gold combination!  I papered the entire outside of the box with the paper. The window design on this paper remind me of windows you would see at a beautiful church or cathedral! I then decoupaged that beautiful napkin with adorable angels on the inside lid that I had received in a pocket letter from Amy Love! I used thin pink & gold ribbon to make "frame" around the picture. After letting it all dry, I sprayed the inside and the lid of the box with Lindy's "Cactus Gold" glitz spray. I then let it air dry a few hours before I began decorating the outside.
 
 
 
 
I already had in mind which laces I would use from the Shabby Is Chic Boutique. So I began by running the beautiful soft pink lace trim around the entire box. Then added some of the thin Chinese braided trim around the edge of the bottom and on the top I only added a piece along the front and on back of the box. I then adhered the adorable Rose Gold/ Rhinestone Bow from the shop as well with E6000. I added some small iridescent hearts on every other flower pattern of the pink lace, all around the box.
 

After the outside of the box was decorated, I began on the lid. I first adhered the wide flat back ivory Pearl trim from Shabby Is Chic Boutique around the top of the lid. I had a window chipboard piece  in my stash which I embossed using gold embossing powder. I then cut a small piece of pink lace and added it to the chipboard and adhered it to the center of the box. I added a cluster of paper flowers to the right corner of this window. I then added some stamens and used pieces of a rhinestone & Pearl strand for added accent. I then adhered the small white cherub to the center of the window. The final touch was a crystal knob to open the box and some wooden beads painted white  to the bottom of the box to hold it up.
 
  I hope that you will be inspired to use up those cigar boxes in your stash and use them as beautiful storage décor for your craft room.
 
Thank you for taking a look at my project today and please check out Shabby is Chic Boutique on Facebook.
 Xoxo,Jeanne
 
 


2 comments: