Tuesday 19 April 2016

Shabby Watercolour Card by DT Member Karen


​ 
Good morning, Karen here to share with you my shabby watercolour card, using lots of Shabby is Chic Boutique items.
I have been really getting back into my card making again, but being able to
mix my love for fabrics and napkins into the cards has just opened up a whole new level of enjoyment for me! So, here is how I made this card.....
 
I took a 6”x6” White 300GSM (@ 140lb) Card Base
I then chopped down a piece of cardstock to 5.5” x 5.5”
And then decoupage the water colour effect napkin on to this and left it to dry completely overnight. The next morning, I cut a smaller layer at 4”x4” and used a corner punch and some distress ink just to give it a little bit of a colour.
 
Then I used double sided adhesive tape taped down the napkin covered layer on to my card base, and then added the distress inked layer on top of that also using double sided adhesive tape.I then pulled out all my lovely crafty bits from Shabby is Chic Boutique store and started to plan my card, I took a piece of lace applique from a large panel and layered it down using white glue.
 
 
Using a lovely gathered lace from my stash I made a lace flower rosette
And to go on top of that I picked off the chiffon flowers from the stunning pearl and chiffon flower collar and started to later them up to make a gorgeous flower.
After layering up the chiffon I needed to choose a flower centre and it would have been easy to simply add a nice piece of bling, but I choose to stay neutral. I took the lovely cameo and paint it with white acrylic which fitted the idea in my vision perfectly.
And I then using hot glue adhered it to my card.
 
But it still needed more elegance to it so out came the gorgeous tassel and I tucked it under the flower to flow out and as a nice little extra I added a leaf applique from one of the other trims in my DT package.
 

And finally to just finish it off I added 3 of the small resin roses just sets the card of beautifully
I hope you like the card and that it inspires you to think of ways to use your craft products in new fun ways x
Thank you for stopping by today, please check out Shabby Is Chic Boutique store on Facebook
 Lots of love and hugs always Karen xxx

30.5cm Venise Lace
Lace Flower Dangle Collar Trim
Rose napkins
Tassels
18mm Vintage Resin Lady Cameo in tan
10 mm off white flat back roses

White Tassel Lace Trim






No comments:

Post a Comment