Thursday 28 April 2016

Bridal Heart Pillow by DT Member Suzie

Good morning all, Suzie here today to share my next DT project for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Facebook. This time I have created a lovely and shabby bridal pillow.  This heart is 11 inches wide and 8 inches tall making it a beautiful size for a bride or shower gift!
 

 
 
To start off my project, I  created a very large heart from scratch. The base is made from my personal template with cotton fabric, hand sewn and stuffed. I've used a large piece of white fabric lace from the SCB store over top front and back for a finished look.
 
 
 Using some vintage laces around the heart, I've hand ruffed the entire trim adding the pearl and rhinestone trim as the accent. I've also used some of the narrow trim lace along with seam binding to create the double bow at the bottom center.
 
 
 I made two taffeta fabric roses in off white, and used one flat rosette of the same fabric. Then I added three large mulberry paper roses and some of my loose pears from my stash.
 
 
  Lastly, I added the gorgeous heart flat back hearts with the rhinestone accent from the SCB store as well. The heart has streamers of ribbon and pearl at the base for a finishing touch!   This is the my personal signature style of how I do my heart pillows and sachets!
 
 
  Please stay tuned for a YouTube video and you can find still photos here: www.facebook.com/suziecrafterdesigns/ and/or my blog http://suziecrafter10.blogspot.com
 
Large Lace for Base of Pillow 
1/4 Inch Lace
 Rhinestone and Pearl Trim
 Rhinestone Heart Flatback Bling Piece

No comments:

Post a Comment