Friday 22 April 2016

Shabby Diorama by GDT Jessica



 Good morning all, its guest designer Jessica here today with another project for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Facebook.
A tiny front hall diorama full of Shabby goodness. A miniature table from the dollar store I've re-painted in a light blue is the central element of this box.
 

 
 
 I've used the lovely rose embellishments in place of typical drawer pulls and I have to say I love these so much more!
 
 
Framed on the wall is the vintage cameo, surrounded by an antique frame. Atop the table sits a key and a lovely bouquet of white flowers, sure to refresh any shabby room.
 
 
Wallpapered with scrapbook paper, I've chosen blue to tie the piece together.
I really love using the braided trim around the edges of diorama boxes because not only does it add an extra element to the piece, it also adds a whole new texture, bringing in the shabby theme of the box.
 
 
 I've used the white trim, but black would also work well if you want to try your hand at a little box of your own - a tiny front hall to hang in your front hall.
 
 
 
 
Thanks for checking in with me today and please check out Shabby is Chic Boutique on Facebook. 
I hope you have a Shabby Chic day!
 
Printed Fabric Ribbon
18mm Vintage Resin Lady Cameo in tan
30 mm metal key embellishment
10 mm off white flat back roses
6mm White Braided Trim...
3 mm beige pearl trim

No comments:

Post a Comment