Tuesday 29 November 2016

Shabby Chic Captured Fairy Lantern

 
 
Hello friends, Donna here today with my next Guest DT project for Shabby is Chic Boutique. This time I have created a shabby fairy lantern.
 
 
I took a galvanized lantern and removed the glass and using tin snips removed the metal snowflakes from the front. Then I spray painted the entire lantern white.
 
 
I used glue and embossing powder around the edges of the glass to give it a frosted look. Be careful embossing glass though. It gets really hot.  After replacing the glass I used the different laces and pearl strands to decorate the lantern.


 
 
I used extra fine snow glitter on the foam roses to give them a glittery effect. I just painted glue on the edges and dipped them in to the glitter.  I added resin snowflakes to the front with light blue flatback pearls on them.
 
 
 
 
Next I stamped the fairy on blue cardstock using white pigment ink and embossing powder. Then embossed using a heat tool and fussy cutting it out. I placed in the back of the lantern.
 
I then embossed a sentiment on a sheet of acetate and using glue attached to the front.
Lastly I placed glitter tulle and a battery operated candle inside.
 
For the handle, I wrapped braided trim around it.
 

 
All the products with the exception of snowflakes, and candle can be found in the Shabby is Chic Boutique. Make sure to head over and check out the store full of beautiful items!!
 
 

 
 
 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment