Tuesday 15 November 2016

Shabby Chic Altered Jars by DT Member Goldie

Good morning friends, Goldie here with my design team project for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Zibbet.
 
This time I have altered some vintage canning jars and a large bottle.
 
 

 My first project started out simple enough. I knew I wanted to use these two vintage canning jars. I didn’t have a plan or direction but I knew it was going to be pretty when finished because I was using Shabby Is Chic Boutique laces trims and embellishments. Using items from my design team kit as well as past Shabby Is Chic Boutique purchases this is what I came up with... 
 
 
 
 
I wrapped pretty Shabby Is Chic Boutique White Polka Dot Tulle trim which I secured to the jar with a tiny dab of hot glue only on the seam at the back. I then wrapped this lovely Shabby Is Chic Boutique Butterfly Dangle Lace at the top edge of the tulle trim and secured it the same with just a small dot of hot glue. I didn’t feel that it required loads of glue to keep it in place. To spice it up and add that iconic Shabby Is Chic Boutique flare I pulled out some Shabby Is Chic Boutique 3mm Rhinestone Chain. I thought about wrapping it around the jar as well but opted for a more out of the box approach so I cut each rhinestone apart and adhered each piece individually with a dot of hot glue. On the butterfly centers I hot glued cream colored flat back pearls from my stash. Not wanting to leave the neck of the jar naked and to keep the "canning jar feeling" I tucked the lid into the wire holder then used a cream colored pearl strand and a vintage paper flower from my stash also secured with a small dot of hot glue. For a centerpiece I used a gorgeous Shabby Is Chic Boutique Rhinestone Cameo secured with a spot of hot glue. Finally to keep my votive candle in place, I poured in some Himalayan Pink Salt. It allows the votive to sit firmly and not slide around. I love the look it adds to this project.

 
My process for this jar is exactly the same as the first jar except for the items used. On this one I used the beautiful and delicate Shabby Is Chic Boutique Soft Pink Stretch Lace first. Followed by a second Shabby Is Chic Boutique White Butterfly Dangle Lace. For sparkle I used more individual cuts of Shabby Is Chic Boutique 3mm Rhinestone Chain. For the butterfly centers on this jar I used Shabby Is Chic Boutique flat back Pearl Hearts. For the neck of the jar I loosely wrapped a generous length of Shabby Is Chic Boutique Pearl Garland in Ivory and secured it with a pink vintage paper flower from my stash using a dab of hot glue. The centerpiece on this jar is the same as the first as well as how I secured the votive. I will say it again, I love this project. 

Each of the recipients for these jars will adore the vintage chic feel to these home décor pieces but most of all they will love the items from Shabby Is Chic Boutique used to create these one of a kind gifts this holiday season.
 
Now, on to my favorite!
I started with this...
 
 
I knew I wanted to add lights to this bottle but I didn't want them to go in at the neck. So I used a glass drill bit and drilled a hole in the backside at the bottom edge of the bottle. (Take your time so as to NOT crack the glass.) 
 
 
I wanted sparkle as well, so I used one of Amy Love's favorite mediums (Glitter Mod Podge) from my stash. I sponged this on using a very light coat. Let dry overnight or you can speed up the process using a heat tool. (Be careful NOT to get overly close as it will bubble if over heated.) I love the sparkle and shimmer this adds to a project. 
 
 
Next step, I used small dots of hot glue to adhere a gorgeous Shabby Is Chic Boutique 9" WHITE Bridal Applique to the front of the bottle. Simple enough right? To further add to the beauty of this applique on each "stitched flower" on the pattern I used a dot of glue to add a Shabby Is Chic Boutique flat back Pearl Flower. The dimension it added is perfect. For a highlight at the top of the bottle I used a Shabby Is Chic Boutique Silver Metal Medallion that I bent to cup around the neck. I adhered it and a vintage bling piece from my stash with E6000. On the top of the cork I used a Shabby Is Chic Boutique Pearl Cluster bling piece which I glued on with a few dabs of hot glue. Around the neck I added a length of Shabby Is Chic Boutique Pearl Garland in Ivory folded into the center of a double bow made from white seam binding from my stash. For the centerpiece I used a second piece of the beautiful and versatile Shabby Is Chic Boutique Silver Metal Medallion pieces. This one I bent slightly to shape then cut in half and adhered each piece with E6000 just slightly apart to give the illusion of an oval. Making a nice background to attach the absolutely gorgeous Shabby Is Chic Boutique Bling Cameo Brooch. I removed the pin back and adhered with E6000
 
 
After allowing to dry overnight I finally got to add a small strand of lights from my stash. This altered bottle is beautiful and I think has to be a keeper. I love the sparkle but most of all, I love the display it makes for all of my pretties from Shabby Is Chic Boutique. 
 

 
Thank you so much for hanging out with me today I hope you enjoyed what you've seen. Also, please don't forget to check out my video below for more information on how I put these projects together.
 

Thanks for stopping by and please check out Shabby is Chic Boutique on Zibbet for all the items I used and more amazing goodies too!
Big crafty hugs ~ Goldie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment