Tuesday 1 November 2016

Parisian Altered Book by Kim

Good morning SCB fans! I am here to share my next DT project for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Zibbet.  This time I have created an altered composition book, in a Parisian Style. 
 
 
I started off by covering the book with this gorgeous blue and white ticking fabric from the SCB store. I used some quilt batting under the material to make it feel more dimensional, and also very soft to hold when I am writing in it.
 
 I covered both sides of the book in the material.
 
 
I also found this gorgeous image on Pinterest and printed it off on some fabric. I stuffed the image with more of the quilt batting, and it really gave it a very soft and feminine look. 
 
 
 
Once I finished stuffing the image, I began to work with some of the gorgeous laces and trims from the SCB store.  I also used one of the new, and so beautiful fabric roses in white, which you can see below. It has some amazing pearls and ribbon bow attached to it, just gorgeous!


 
 
 I framed the image with some of the white tulle trim first, then layered on some white embroidered floral trim, and some lovely soft grey trim from SCB. Once I was happy with the layering of the laces,  it was time to add the embellishments.
 

 
The first thing I reached for was this amazing vintage looking cameo pin. I am a collector of cameo's and this one from SCB is one of my most favorites. I will cherish it on the front of this book!


 
 I also added some of the scallop lace trim, in a soft grey to the side of the book, capping the top of the book off with a bow in some of the script ribbon in white.
 
 
 
I also used the same script ribbon for a tie closure on the inside of the book.

 
I used more of the scallop trim in white on the top of the book, and a tiny soft grey trim from my stash at the very edge of the book to finish that off.


 
For the bottom of the book, I used some of the white dangle trim from SCB, and more of the same soft grey lace I used around the image to tie it all together.


 
For the inside of the book, I carried the same fabric on inside, and added another free image from Pinterest in matching colours.  I edged the book in some light blue Chinese Braid, and edged the photo with some crochet trim from my stash.

 
Beneath the image, I created a pocket using some of the same white trim from the front of the book from the SCB shop. I also used more vintage laces from my stash in matching colours  as well.

 
 
 
 
I finished off the inside cover with a few small soft grey appliques and ribbon roses in white, from my stash.
 

 

 
For the back cover, I kept it simple with the layering of two laces from the SCB store to the top of the book.
 
 
 
For the base of the back of the book, I printed off my name and the date in fabric and added some left over SCB lace to surround it.

 
 
Once again, here is the finished composition book.
 
 
I hope you have found some inspiration here today, and will check out the SCB store for all these amazing items you have seen here today!
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment