Tuesday 8 November 2016

Shabby Box and Bag by GDT Donna

Hi there my name is Donna, and this is my first Design Team project for the Shabby is Chic Boutique. I’m so excited to show you what I have created. I created an altered cross paper box and an altered draw string canvas bag (which can be found in the shop).
 

 
In this picture you will see the cross box that I altered. I painted the box pink and then I used the white ruffled trim minus the lace. I cut the lace from the trim to shorten it. I used pink flat back pearls to trim the top of the lace. Then I cut the middle section of the floral lace and used it on top as well as the rose trim. On the bottom I used the multi strand pearls. I was really pleased how it turned out.
 

 
To make the altered bag, I used the soft pink stretchy lace to first cover the canvas bag. Then I used the white fabric lace on top of that. I cut and manipulated the pieces on the lace that I wanted to cover the bag. I tucked pieces of the white lace throughout the bag. I then used the pink scalloped lace on the top of the bag with two overlapping rows. I then used a section of the pale pink floral to line the sides.
 

 
 
To create the flower cluster, I used pink rolled roses, and ribbon to create a flower. I also used the lovely foam flowers. I snipped little pieces from the scallop lace to tuck in beneath the flower cluster as well as some of the rose trim.
 

 
The back was made much like the front with the exception of the flower. I used scrap lace from the ruffle trim and some of the pink trim to create a flower. I used the light pink daisy trim on the sides.
 
 
Here is a picture of both projects together. As mentioned all items used except the cross box were from the Shabby is Chic Boutique. I also made earrings, necklace, and a charm to put in the box and bag. The cross charms were from the shop as well.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, please check out all these items in the Shabby is Chic Boutique Store on Zibbet.


3 comments: