Tuesday 11 October 2016

Vintage Layout by GDT Penny A.

 
Hello crafter's! Penny Arnold here with my first guest designer post for Amy Love's site Shabby is Chic Boutique.  For this project I decided to make a vintage, or shabby chic layout of my grandmother Nancy.
 
 
She, like Amy Love, adore the color pink! So what a great tribute to both of them starting with this beautiful folded tulle trim in blush! It was SO soft, and frilly looking, I just had to use it.

 
So I decided to make a flower starting with the folded tulle blush trim , cutting off about 12 to 16 inches. The more lace you use, the larger, and fluffier your flower will be in the end so keep this in mind when ordering your yardage. I started gathering it with a simple running stitch, on the sewn edge side.  While doing this you don't need for your stitches to be tiny as they will not show when your flower is done, and if they are too tiny the lace will not gather properly.  I normally pull on the thread, and lace, as I sew gathering it at the same time. (If you are unsure of this process there are many Youtube sites that show how to make a Shabby Chic flower.)  After it's gathered into a circle, I sewed the two gathered edges together, and make a few stitches in the middle of the flower just to make sure it will hold together well.
 
 
 
 
Then I repeat that process with a second beautiful Layered Scalloped Lace located in the Lace and Trims  section of the store.  It came in the lovely package that Amy sent me.  I used a bit less in length than I did on the blush tulle flower. After I am done with the second lace flower, I sew, or hot glue it to the top of the larger blush flower.(I'm not sure why this looks purple in the top photo, it's actually a soft pink., like the photo below.)


 
 
For my final touches  I glue one of Amy's blinged out cabochon's, or Embellishments to the center of the flower, and then add the teardrop spray. Beautiful!
 

I used this pattern paper, the layered scalloped lace, the Teardrop spray - clear and a cabochon bling center from the Embellishment and Buttons section of the store.
 
 
I choose a floral pattern paper, for my layout, and some matching colors for my photo mat. I also added some ink splatters to the photo mat, prior to gluing my photo in place.
After deciding where I wanted to place my photo, and photo mat I glued it to the pattern paper. I added some wonderful white trim to the bottom of the photo. (In the trim link it shows a blue trim, I used a white trim on my project.)

 
Then it was time to add some of the butterfly dangle trim to the bottom of the layout as well. Then I decorated the trim with the tiny pink rose buds, above each section of lace that dangled down. They look like these pearl roses only mine were pink. 
 

 
 
Next it was time to add my shabby chic flower to the corner of the photo. I love how it turned out. It was also time to add some love to the top of my layout so I added this cute flat back pearl trim .

 
I also decided to add this beautiful white butterfly applique, it was great the way it was but I cut apart the flat back pearl trim, to give it a body, and antenna.

 

 
 
  still wanted some added goodies, so I took one of the white butterfly applique, added some of the same flat back pearl trim to the center of the butterfly, and antenna, then glued them in place on the body of the butterfly. Then I glued my completed butterfly on the right hand side of my photo on top of the pattern paper.
Thanks for looking and until next time, please check out Shabby is Chic Boutique on Zibbet.
Happy Scrapping, Love Penny 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment