Thursday 27 October 2016

A Pretty Little Something by GDT Nichola

Nichola here today to share my next GDT project its a pretty something for Shabby is Chic Boutique today.
 

I've made a crown.
 Because.....
 A) I loves me a good crown
 And....
 B) how could I NOT make a crown with that Gold Embroidered Tulle Lace?
 
 
To create the crown, I began by making a base with a length of cotton fabric. I folded a long strip in half so that it was double thickness, then sewed it together to provide some stability, and prevent puckering. Then the ends were sewn together to make something that resembled an ugly headband.
Layers of lace were applied on top of that, then 'grungy' paint splashed on to sort of blend the different lace colours together.
 
I added Rows of Pearls Flatback Trim, 4mm flatback pearl trim-white and the Silver Wrap Filagree piece and star after staining the fabric.
 
To stiffen the peaks, I've applied gel medium. There are products available specifically for stiffening fabric, and they probably ARE more effective, but I wanted to use what was already on hand.
 
 

This will be a grand crown for lounging and lazing, especially on Mondays when crowns are needed most of all.
 
 
Other:
Tim Holtz Mirrored Stars
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and please visit the Shabby is Chic Boutique Store, so you can make your own crown too!


No comments:

Post a Comment