Tuesday 25 October 2016

Shabby Gift Pouch by GDT Penny

Hello friends! Penny Arnold here with my very first guest designer post for Amy Love's site Shabby is Chic Boutique. 
 
 I was thrilled when she allowed me to design some projects this month with her wonderful products. I was even more excited when they finally arrived in the mail! That poor mailman, I was stalking him, and that package for a whole week! I was even more giddy when I started unpacking all those great notions, and laces. 
 
How did she get SO many items in that one little package? Truthfully, I don't know, but it was exciting pulling out each, and every one of them!


So this is one side of my finished cotton drawstring gift pouch. I love how it turned out.  Follow along with me, and I'll show you step by step how it was done!




So I started with this cotton drawstring pouch .  So cute even without adding anything to it, but even nicer after adding all of Amy's goodies to the outside of the bag. So I started decorating it at the bottom of the bag, and measured out just enough of this Butterfly dangle trim to go all the way around the bottom of the bag, on both sides.


Next, I folded the lace inside out, and sewed the two edges together that I had just cut. Then, I turned the lace to the right side again. It was now a circle that will fit the bottom of my bag.
 
 If you do this, and your bag is a little smaller, or larger than your lace circle, don't worry as it you can adjust it as you sew it to the bottom of the bag. I also lined up the dangle part of the lace pieces so they were back to back.


Next, I cut a piece of chipboard cardstock to fit the inside of my bag so I didn't sew both sides of the bag together while I was attaching the lace.  
 
While trying to keep your lace even, and centered I sewed the lace around both sides of the bottom of the bag with simple hand stitching, and a good white quilting thread.  Regular thread will work, but quilting thread is slightly stronger. I probably should have pinned it in place, but instead I just held it in place as I sewed.


I probably should have pinned it in place, but instead I just held it in place as I sewed.


 
Wow, it's looking pretty already! A little lace adds a touch of class to everything!
Thanks for stopping by today, please check out all the great items from Shabby is Chic Boutique on Zibbet.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment