Tuesday 18 October 2016

Shabby Cuff and Bag by GDT Elizabeth

Hello friends, Elizabeth here today, I am one of the Guest Designers for Shabby is Chic Boutique for the month of October 2016.
 I was inspired by SCB laces and designed this Handbag and cuff set using SCB laces and a few embellishments from my stash.
 
 
I began this project with SCB Canvas drawstring bag. I really wanted to use the wide pink lace in a project and soon realized that it wrapped perfectly around the pouch. I attached it to the bag and my inspiration was on a roll. I decided to add the dangle laces to the bottom to display the beauty of the lace and it gave the project beautiful movement.
 
 
 
 
Later, I decided to place another delicate lace with some ribbon at the top. I was a bit concerned about the drawstring I still wanted it to draw so I carefully attached the lace around it. Then I realized that the string was too thick and I replaced it with a thin pink cord that I found in my stash.
 
 
I decided that I wanted my elegant bag to have a handle. As I tossed around ideas I realized that I just might be able to make my own handle. I twisted some bead trim together to form an elegant handle. I finished it off with one of SCB stunning pearl embellishments. I wanted the beauty of the lace to be visible so I decided to use a flower from SCB collar lace. It was perfect just enough and not too much. I finished off the project by embellishing it with a few flatback pearls from my stash. SCB awesome heart embellishment added just a bit more elegance to the bottom of the bag.
 
 
Now for the elegant wrist cuff. I began this project with the idea that I wanted to bring many of the same elements of the handbag into the cuff. I had just enough of SCB stretchy lace to wrap around my wrist. I began layering similar laces as I did for the handbag.
 
 
 
 
 
  I ended by placing a combination of SCB bling, and some from my own stash in the mix. I hope you like my designs and are inspired to head on over to Shabby Chic Boutique Zibbet store, where you will find all the lovely laces I used.
 

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth these are just stunning!! I love them so much!
    thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty...awe inspiring! <3

    ReplyDelete