Thursday 15 September 2016

"Victorian Embroidery Hoop"

Hi friends!! Jeanne here again to share with you my design team project for the month of September 2016! I had this embroidery hoop in my stash, I orignally was waiting to come across some other ones in different sizes so I could do a larger hanging piece for my living room area. But decide to just go ahead and alter this one.



 I was anxious to use the beautiful cotton trim for my background, so I just hot glued it along the edge of the hoop, then placed the other piece on top to secure it and cut off the remnants that were left.
















I then added the beauiful ruffled lace in the soft mint color from Shabby Is Chic Boutique on Zibbet around the diameter of the loop leaving a 1/2 in. opening on the top for embellishment purpose later on.
On the front of the loop is where I decided to create my design, this way it can be hung on a wall on from the back end of the loop.
I began with the braided trim in white from SCB, I only adhered it to the right half of the loop because on the other end I ended up using the beautiful rose colored fabric roses from the store as well. After I did that I adhered some white organza/rhinestone flowers that I had in my stash. I then decided to use one of the rose cameo from SCB, I adhered it to a metal frame charm from my stash and cut a rhinestone from the pearl and rhinestone mesh trim from the shop as well, I adhered it to the top of the small metal frame. I then cut some cardboard to ahere it to the back of the image I wanted to use. I enjoy making my own frames out of thin laces,  trims, etc. After I adhered it, I cut some of the cotton heart trim from the shop , I colored it with my Victorian Velvet Distress ink. I let it air dry then ahered that to look like a frame for this beautiful picture. I decided to use on of the large butterfly appliques' from the shop as well and added some of the same rhinestone/pearl mesh trim to the center of the butterfly. Lastly I added some darker teal beads and light pink pearl beads to certain areas of the flowers. I love how it turned out! Plus it didn't take very long to make.
I hope that you like what I have created and use up your embroidered hoops, they make beautiful home decor!







Thank you for taking the time to check out my project. I look forward to later in the month to share with you the project that i'm working on right now! ~Hugs~ Jeanne Rodriguez 

No comments:

Post a Comment