Tuesday 10 May 2016

Shabby Drawstring Bags by DT Member Karen

 
Shabby is Chic Boutique
Altered Drawstring Bag
 
Good morning friends, Karen here today to share my next DT project for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Facebook.
 
I absolutely love this project it is so pretty and useful,
Such a lovely little bag to send with a special little gift.
To make this project I pulled out some gathered trims from my stash and a fabric image then used the trims from my Design Team kit.
I started on the reverse and started at the bottom and worked my way up layering various trims from my design team kit and from my own stash to give the full and varied finish.
The trim at the bottom I removed the chiffon petals and the pearls (I felt the pearls didn’t do the trim justice) and added nice flat back pearls to give it a more elegant look. I then threaded the tassel on the corner to give the bag a little bit more length.
The top trim is a elasticated gather so it will be flexible to move with the drawstring.
The front I added this gorgeous linen fabric image using pva glue. And then framed the image using trims and pearl and rhinestone trim also, the small resin rose I added to her hair.
 
I have added a chiffon flower that I took out from the trim and added it to the front corner at the tassel and added a pearl and rhinestone flower center.

 
Product I used from Shabby is Chic Boutique 
Drawstring Linen Bag
Lace Flower Dangle Collar Trim
stunning embroidered tulle lace
1.1cm white flower lace trim
Clear Rhinestone and Pearl Mesh Trim
Tassel
16mm flatback pearl button
17mm Rhinestone and Pearl flatback
10 mm off white flat back roses
 
Hope you enjoy this Project
Lots of Love and Hugs Always Karen xx
 

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment