Friday 15 July 2016

Shabby Mixed Media Art by DT Member Kim

Good morning Shabby is Chic Boutique fans. Today I am doing something fun and different with my lovely items from Shabby is Chic Boutique Store. 
 
 
As you can see I have created these 4 x 5 inch canvases, using lots of mixed media and items from the SCB store. I started off with using this  gorgeous rose napkin from the store. I cut out some of the roses, and also used some of my Prima paper, which I tore into pieces as well, and then adhered it down to the canvas with matte medium.
 

 
Once the glue was dry, I too some of my embossing paste and gave a texture coat with it in various spots on the canvas to create dimension.

 
Now it was time to play with my embellishments. I used the Love Key from SCB, and also the small spoon with crown. I am also using lots of Prima Clay items that I created using the IOD moulds. I gave the all a coat of gesso and then used some sprays and the Prima Metallic Paint in Rose Gold on top. The final touch was spritzing them with water and adding some Carmel alcohol inks to make them look more dimensional.
 
 
Now it is time to start layering on the pieces to the canvas. I also added the heart doily and the white mini doily from SCB.

 
My finishing touch was adding some micro beads to the canvas to add more texture, and I also added some gorgeous Prima flowers as well.
 
 
The gorgeous little girl cabochons in the middle of the canvas are also from SCB!
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you will give a project like this a try, it was so fun to do!
Please check out all the great items in the Shabby is Chic Boutique Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment