Tuesday 24 May 2016

Shabby Wall Hanging by DT Member Karen

Hi Everyone, Karen here with my final design team project
for Shabby is Chic Boutique. As my term is now up and Amy will be announcing the new team tomorrow here on the blog, so stay tuned for that!
Today, I have made a wall plaque in very subtle and muted tones
using lots of items that are available from the store.
 

 
 
I started of with an 8" wide Chipboard circle
I painted it both sides with a coat of gesso and then covered the front of it with 
a postal script napkin and once dried added a whitewash of white acrylic paint to mute it slightly.
I then added the v shaped scalloped lace and finally to add that extra softness to the plaque
I added a soft scalloped lace behind it.
To tidy up the edge I added white 4mm pearl trim which worked a treat.
 
 
The decoration I pulled out a lot of elements from my design team kit and also a vintage image that I had printed off from Pinterest.
I placed everything on to get my layout and see how I liked it all on the plaque before gluing anything down.
I added the heart applique then added my image which I then went around with the v shaped trim but, I did cut it down the center to make it much neater and finally added 3mm white flatback pearls to it.
 
I absolutely loved the metal wings from my kit and knew I wanted to use one of them also so I started adding thin layers of white acrylic paint until I was happy with the coverage to embellish it further I added rhinestones and small spots of stickles glitter glue in Cotton Candy (colour).
I then decided to add the butterfly's to the corners of the image and used the rhinestone trim to emphasis the body and rhinestones for the antennae, lastly to finish off the from I added 2 floral appliques layered with 2 leafs from one of the dangle trims and to carry on with the colour from the metal wing I added a good layer of the stickles to add the pink colour and finished it off with one of the flower centers and some rhinestone tassels.
 
 
I am fairly particular with my projects and feel unless the back is finished off properly too the project isn't finished! So, to the reverse
I added a large doily and then went around the edge with another white gathered trim from my stash and added in a lace pocket, and used a loop braid to show where the pocket is at first glance. To carry on the theme from the front to the back I added the butterflies once again and finally, added the small seam binding loop on the top to hang the project. 
 
I hope you enjoy this project and gain some inspiration from it and see how beautiful the products are on your projects.
 
I used the following Shabby is Chic Boutique products on my project
 
White Tassel Lace Trim
2mm Rhinestone Cupchain
V Shaped Leaf Trim
Butterfly Trim
 Flower Dangle Trim
Chalk White Seam Binding
 Embroidered Tulle Lace
Black and White Napkin
9.5cm White Lace Applique
17mm Rhinestone and Pearl Flatback
Antique Brass Filigree Wing 4"

Thank you to Amy & Kim, and all the Design Team for their support and encouragement throughout mydesign team term. I wish all the new members the very best, and wish Amy every success with the future of
Shabby is Chic Boutique! Thank you to all you ladies and gents for your support it means a great deal.
Sending you all lots of love and hugs always Karen xx 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment