Tuesday 17 May 2016

Fabric Pocket Page by Maggie White

 
Good morning friends, Maggie here today to share with you my next DT project for
Shabby is Chic Boutique Store on Facebook. This time I have created a fabric pocket page.
 
 
To start my project, I took a padded square of fabric and added the wide white Venise lace trim to cover the fabric.  I then glued on the white stretch lace from SCB around the sides and top.  I then added the white tassel lace to the bottom of the square as well as the white Venise Lace over that.  I glued on the tiny green clay flowers from my stash onto the middle of each piece of the lace trim.
 

 
Next, I folded the square in half to finish off the front.  I took one of the embroidered round applique and glued the image behind and then added the tiny pink clay flowers from my stash.  I glued the applique onto a piece of the embroidered polka dot tulle that I turned into a flower with a running stitch and adhered to the top middle of the square.

I created 2 small flowers with the stretch lace the same as the tulle, with a running stitch that I dyed with green tea.  I added a piece of the tassel trim to the back of each which I also had tea dyed to dangle from the flowers.  Lastly, I added a pearl and beaded flower piece from my stash to the center of each flower and glued them on the lower right corner of the book.  

 
I added some white seam binding to the middle of each side for tying the book together.  I then covered the inside of the book with some stretchy white flowered fabric from my stash.  I then glued down a piece of the pink embroidered tulle flower trim across the bottom to make the pockets.  I added the white lace to the very bottom.  Lastly, I added the Chinese braid to the sides and top.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my project today, and please stop by the Shabby is Chic Boutique store on Facebook to check out all the great items in stock!
 

Embroidered round applique

Embroidered polka dot tulle

Embroidered soft stretch lace

30.5cm Venise lace

White tassel lace trim

40mm white Venise lace

Pink embroidered flower tulle lace

white lace trim



No comments:

Post a Comment