Thursday 24 March 2016

Shabby Vintage Bow Card by DT Member Karen

Good morning friends, Karen here today to share with you my shabby vintage style bow card.
I am very excited to share my DT Project for Shabby Is Chic Boutique with you, so let's get started!
 
 
I purchased the bow card template for this piece online and it was the perfect base to add some of the SCB gorgeous goodies! It is a beautifully put together template, with many layers for you just to print and pencil on to your cardstock and paper and construct.
 
Once my card base was constructed I then got out my box of goodies from
Shabby is Chic Boutique and started to place them where I felt they should go on my card.
I used many products and am very pleased with how beautiful the embellishments made my card go from very pretty to absolutely stunning.
 
 
I used the 30.5cm Venise Lace (*1/2 yard*) and chopped out the heart appliques from it and positioned them on either side of my card and then also at the bottom of the card. I then added the 2 leaf dangles from the White Tassel Lace Trim to imitate leaves and on top of them. I added a 40mm wide, two toned pink rose, these were added to both sides on top of the heart appliques.
 
 
I then wanted to add something to the top, and had a small section of bridal applique left so tidied it up and attached it to the upper part of my card. I used 1.1cm white flower lace trim to add dimension to the appliques flowers and to give it the sense of luxury, I added rhinestones to give it some sparkle. I had some in my stash but it is available in the shop to purchase.
 
 
I then decided I wanted to add some butterflies, I adore butterflies and try to add them to almost all my projects! To add something extra to them I actually took one of my napkins from my DT pack and decoupaged it on to some card stock and then die cut out some butterflies. When doing this I also cut a flourish using the same piece of napkin and card and loved the look it gave. I attached the butterflies in various places and added the flourish which worked in beautifully. For all the butterflies I added small strings of rhinestones to give them all some sparkle.
 
 
For the centre I wanted something to add a softness to it so opted to use some cream webbing material as I didn’t want muslin due to the threads falling off and shedding the webbing is a little more resilient and it worked out perfectly, I finished it off with a vintage image and used one of the resin frames from my stash surrounded the image with rhinestones and added one to the top of the frame.
 
 
 Lastly, to finish the card off I added a tail to the card and used some wedding in thin stripes and Ric Rak braid in cream. For the rhinestone trim, I glued them all just under the second layer of the card, but to make sure it looked finished if anyone looked I added a Rhinestone and pearl button.
 
 
This project did take me a lot time as I wanted it to be close to perfect. My mum turns 60 next month and this card will be going to her!  I hope it inspires you to look at all your trims differently and use them in different ways.
 
Enjoy, Lots of love and hugs always Karen xx
 
30.5cm Venise Lace (*1/2 yard*)
White Tassel Lace Trim
Bridal Applique
1.1cm White Flower Lace Trim
Parisian Napkin
.96" Silver Rhinestone and Pearl Flatback
Also available in the store is the rhinestone 2mm trim



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Karen! Love this style of card and all the embellishments you have used xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen x it is a beautiful card with gorgeous embellishments from Amy's store x Thank you for your lovely comment x Lots of Love and Hugs Karen xxx

      Delete