Sunday 15 January 2017

Shabby Wall Hanging by DT Member Goldie

Hi everyone Goldie here today and I am sharing my wall hanging I have created for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Zibbet. I love how sweet this turned out.
 
 
 I used lots of Shabby Is Chic Boutique laces and trims from my design team package as well as a few from my own personal Shabby Is Chic Boutique stash. I also used a piece of fabric from my own stash as well. 
 
 
I started with a large piece of heavy duty chipboard which I cut down to 8" x 10". I covered both sides of the chipboard with some lightweight quilt batting, then covered both sides with some off white muslin. This makes a sturdy base to work with for adding laces and trims. I covered just the front side with that delicate pretty pink fabric from my stash. Everything in this project was adhered with Fabri-Tac or hot glue.
 

As you can see from the photos I have lots of layers going on from the top to the bottom and along the edges as well. Those cute little pink clay flowers I could swear I ordered from Shabby Is Chic Boutique back when it was just a Facebook page. (?Am I right or wrong Amy?)


I don't remember where I found this image so whoever you are that made this, thank you! It's brilliant and please know that it is being used only for this wall hanging which will be hanging in my craftroom.
 

 
 
 
The image has two layers of quilt batting behind it for maximum "puffy" effect, and was framed with a narrow trim from my stash. To finish the image area, I added a piece of Shabby Is Chic Boutique 3 mm Rhinestone Chain to the dot of the 'I' in the word witch. I used one of the gorgeous Pearl and Rhinestone Crowns from my Shabby Is Chic Boutique stash and added a tiny seam binding bow from which I hung a Witch Hat Charm from SCB. I also added two of the "drops" from the Pink Teardrop Sprays for added dangle cuteness, these little goodies are absolutely multifunctional. I also used individual pieces of SBC's amazing 3 mm Rhinestone Chain to add serious sparkle at the bottom. I put one piece on each of the White Tassel Trim dangles. 
 

For the bow, I used all things SBC, such as seam binding, tiny pearl strands and other various narrow trims. I tied this shabby bow by hand. I'm not thrilled with it, but that's okay, it's supposed to be shabby right? I used a Silver Wrap Filigree from SBC which I painted off white then added a Rhinestone Heart from my SBC stash to finish it off.  Also to finish the entire piece I added my label to the back. (The odd color on my label is just from the wet glue. It's clear and looks normal when dry.)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, please check out my video below.
 
 

Beautiful I think.
xoxo ~ Goldie

No comments:

Post a Comment