Tuesday 21 March 2017

Altered Gift Set by GDT Sandi Nagel

 
Hello everyone, Sandy here with my first project for Kraftsupplies4U!
For this Gift Set I altered a mailbox, a ready-made flip book, a card from my stash, and I made the tag mini album from scratch.
 
Making the tag mini album was super easy. Because I left the inside of the mailbox untouched, I chose cardstock in craft color. I cut several tags down to size, ensuring they would fit inside the mailbox, and I used a lace paper punch on every other page and a corner punch in the pages in between. The larger tags were decorated using appliques and trims from the shop. This makes for a pretty presentation and it leaves room for pictures. To hold the tags in place, I punched a hole through one corner of each tag and ran a trim through it. For the front and back covers of the tags, I used Gesso around the ends to give them that shabby appearance. Then decorated front and back with laces, trims and sprays from the KS4U.
 
 
Altering the card was super easy as well. I used the same paper line I used on the rest of the items in my project, to cover up the front of the card. Then I went on to layering coordinating cardstock with trims from the shop. I used a metal piece at the center to accentuate the trims.  
Altering the ready-made flip book was fun too! I removed the pages from inside the album. I then took some white card stock (to match the white cover of the album) and proceeded in cutting down papers that were to become the waterfall. I covered the waterfall with pretty scrapbook paper, used a paper punch on the bottom of each flap and was done. For the pocket, I used a pocket die, glued the die cut to the inside cover, cut a couple of pieces of paper for tags, and the inside was done! I glued scrapbook paper to the front and back covers and spine. Then I proceeded to decorate the waterfall mini album with trims, laces and other items from KS4U.
 
The cute mailbox that houses the tag mini album is also another altered project. I used coordinating paper to cover the mailbox on all sides. I used Gesso around the edges to make it look shabby and to cover up the craft color from the box. I then proceeded to add trims and laces and bling from the shop.
 
This was a fun project that can be done in a course of a weekend. Altering items with pretty papers, laces, trims and other items from the shop ensure that your results will be spectacular!
 
Thanks for stopping by today, please visit KS4U stores and FB Group
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment